Wednesday 16 April 2014

Bootlegs - A night to remember...

We went to see the Bootleg Beatles on March 29th in York. And it will be a night to remember for more than that reason.

Whilst we were enjoying the fabulous band (still excellent by the way), I had my mobile switched to mute. After the show on the way home I of course went to check any calls or messages only to find one from my sister.

''Chris mums been rushed into A&E with chronic stomach pains and losing blood, please ring asap.. Loz xx''

Of course its not the text message anybody wants to receive, - let alone not to read it 3 hours after it was sent! I rang her straight back and found out she was very poorly, but comfortable. To cut a long story short we went up the next morning to the hospital only to find out she was in High Dependency Ward. The doctor said to prepare for the worst as Septicemia had set in and her weak heart would not be able to fight it..

...needless to say my mother passed away on the morning of 31st March, the day after Mothers Day, her body was 79 years old, but her spirit is forever young. It was peacefully in her sleep and she didn't suffer, which is all we could hope for...

Bless you mother - we both loved the Beatles music and you never, ever, told me to 'turn that rubbish down'. I hope you find peace and love where ever your sprit resides...


1 comment: